Remodeling

Friday, September 08, 2006

Settling In

Hi, all!

We are slowly settling into the old house what with my parents gone for a month while we were moving (I think they planned that ;) ). Bob's kids are great. They helped me paint a luminscent paint in the dining room, rag the living room and painted Nathan and Stephanie's feet, clouds, and stuck "wallies" in the kids' room.

It looks great... now only if I can convince Van to sponge our room then we are on a roll! ;)

We've ordered furniture for the living room of which the last piece won't arrive until mid October... Hopefully we'll be lucky and it'll arrive before then. *sigh*

The finishing touches are basically what is left - the window dressings, blank walls in need of some art work (kids or prints), a central information center for the household, finishing off the hallway closet. Whew! And here I thought I was done after moving in. Oh, the biggest thing - the landscaping -> gonna start next week per Van...

We still have a few things to unpack and the kids have started school - who knew that 1st graders and preschoolers would have homework! And Stephanie already has a fundraiser...

I will be starting a different blog detailing the kids academic (and not so academic) activities for those of you who are interested. Let me know via email or post a comment here so I know if it would be a worthwhile thing to do... who knows. You may expect to see a newsletter with your Christmas card this year... if I get around to it *sigh*

I'll get some pics in hopefully within the week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home