Remodeling

Sunday, May 21, 2006

It's a House! It's a House!


It's hard to believe but we are almost finished. The insulation went in this month, they have completed the drywall and finished tiling the roof. The chicken wire has been nailed in and the stucco should go in sometime this week. So exciting and so nerve-racking at the same time.
All in all I believe it will be worth it. The basics are in, so now comes the cosmetics... The things we've chosen are not technically "standard" and the walls will not be all white. There is definitely color to this house, I just hope it turns out the way I've pictured it in my head. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

As of this post, the construction is scheduled to be done by the end of June and we'll be moved in by the end of July. That is, if we pass all our inspections and don't experience any delays in delivery of stuff.

After that's all done, then comes the landscaping. Right now the front and back yard looks like something straight from a scary movie - overgrown grasses and weeds, graveyard of leftover furniture... you get the idea.

I am indecisive about the exterior of the house. I am leaning toward green - sage green and I kind of wanted it in the midtone range... but Van wants a light colored house... but I don't want it to be a neon green... sigh, so hard picking just the right color...

Well, as usual, there are my pics to peruse at the "More Pics" link.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home